猫にまたたび、御女郎に小判 Wer jetzt noch lacht, hat die neuesten Nachrichten noch nicht gehört. "THE OFFICIAL E.R.A. LITTER-BOX"

Monday, February 15, 2010

Cxx--

... I've become increasingly doubtful of the "benefits" of the internet.

When I think of all the trouble it's causing friends and family in terms of broken relationships, decreased (real-life) interpersonal communication, engineering careers shipped overseas and above all the sense that this medium pacifies the public as much as it informs (social activism gets channeled into useless web rants and blogs).

Can you imagine the Dumbya Bush administration without the internet? People would have stormed Washington, but because of the net we all sat around for 8 years bitching instead.

Wow
excellent points fake. the internet sometimes seems to serve as a pacifier and rant outlet. I can tell you, I used to do it. And I'm glad I stopped because it was useless and harmful to me. When I went to a cafe in SF recently I was astonished by the amount of laptop users there were. 98 percent of the people were on laptops and not saying a word to each other.It was kind of surreal. What was that Dylan line-"There was music in cafes at night, revolution was in the air." I remember going into cafes and there was a whole lot of talking going on. Now it seems kind of a zombiezone.

...As for creative workers losing royalties, we can work on that. Musicans

can perform live. Artists can pass the hat.

Most useful work is unaffected by the internet anyway. The internet won't

fix your bike, plant your crops or cut your firewood. Maybe the cube farm

jobs that get outsourced aren't worth doing anyway



Followers